Drillships - The Most Popular Shipbuilding Category of 2012!
The growing potential of deepwater exploration & development projects has become a focus for the oil & gas sector globally, hence leading to the rise in drillship demand.
This is evident from the recent increase in the number of drillship orders placed by drilling companies.
IBC Asia’s Drillships 2012 event provides global insight into the growing commercial opportunities in the design, construction and operation of drillships by delivering the entire drillship value chain in one place!
“…increasing drilling permits in the Gulf of Mexico and growing demand for drillships in Latin America and West Africa”
- Feynman Jeon, Shipbuilding analyst, Daishin Securities
Ultra-Deepwater Drillships in Demand!
With the maturation of shallow water fields and growing demand for oil & gas, there has been an increasing movement towards conducting E&P activities in more remote and deeper waters globally thus leading to an increase in demand for ultra-deepwater drillships.
“Diamond Offshore Announces Fourth Ultra-Deepwater Drillship Order”
“Ensco Orders Sixth Ultra-Deepwater Drillship”
“Seadrill Orders New Ultra-Deepwater Drillship for Delivery in 2014”
“Pacific Drilling Opts to Construct 7th UDW Drillship”
“Maersk Drilling Orders Ultra Deepwater Drillships”
- Project showcases on successful drillship design and operations
- Industry insights into the maintenance and repair of drillships to improve operational efficiency
- In-depth analysis on Drillship Design and Architecture – Commercial and Technical Challenges
- Interactive panel discussion focusing on drillship opportunities and challenges faced by rig owners, shipbuilders and designers
- Deepwater Field Development – Oil & Gas Operator Perspectives
- Best practices in gaining financial access for capital intensive drillship investment
Vice President – Deepwater Drilling
Operations and Performance Manager
Policy Advisor, Upstream and Industry Operations
American Petroleum Institute
- HEAR updates on the global drillship market trends
- IDENTIFY business opportunities across the entire drillship value chain
- DISCOVER the latest developments in drillship design & architecture
- GAIN an insight into future drillship design
- UNCOVER best practices in achieving successful first well performance of new builds
- COMBAT technical drillship design and construction challenges
- PARTICIPATE in interactive discussions by leading drillship owners and drillship designers on the opportunities and challenges within the drillship market
- STRATEGIC workshops on Drillship Asset Integrity & Life Extension and Securing and Ensuring a Best Fit Drillship Contract
- BIGGER networking platform with the co-location of our Subsea Support Vessels event
- STRATEGIC workshops on Safety Optimisation in Drillship Operations and Securing and Ensuring a Best Fit Drillship Contract
“Bird’s eye view on the technical, operational and financial aspects faced by rig owners and operators”
Nizam Bin Masudi, Section Head (Mechanical Dept), PPL Shipyard
“Listening to industry stalwarts across the Offshore Drilling
Rig value chain and great networking opportunity”
Augustine Phey, Business Development Manager,
Caterpillar Asia Pte Ltd
“The openness of vendors and competitors to share industry lessons learnt plus the excellent networking opportunities”
Barry Rainnie, Assistant Rig Manager, Stena Drilling